FOG is an acronym for Fats, Oils, and Grease which is commonly found in the wastewater generated by Food Service Establishments.
BMP (Best Management Plan) is a term used to describe specific methods that include operational and procedural practices designed to support the engineered central components and equipment of pollution control systems.
FOG BMP is a web-based software application that allows Municipalities, Waste Haulers, and Food Service Establishments to coordinate their FOG handling and regulatory compliance objectives from a single shared platform.
FOG BMP enables municipalities, waste haulers and food service establishments to profile, track, and record all activities relating to their FOG management regulations.
Municipalities, Waste Haulers and Food Service Establishments can each purchase annual FOG BMP product licenses for their use.
FOG BMP provides the following features for your municipality making FOG compliance attainable:
- Profiles each of the Food Service Establishments within your jurisdiction.
- Detailed profiles of each FSE’s Grease Separation Device (GSD).
- Automated tracking with detailed GSD Cleaning Records.
- Kitchen staff FOG handling training with certification.
- Interactive, on-site FOG inspection tools.
FOG BMP provides the following features for your waste hauling company making FOG management and regulatory compliance simple.
- Profiles all your FOG generating customers.
(Your customers are securely stored and seen only by you and your reporting municipality.)
- Detailed profiles of each customers Grease Separation Device.
- Upload photos, documents and spec sheets.
- GSD cleaning records can be completed in the field by your service technicians on any smart device.
- Upload and attach before and after cleaning photos, manifests and other important documents directly to the cleaning record.
- Cleaning records may also be easily entered by your office personnel.
- Organizes and archives GSD cleaning records to your customers profile indefinitely.
- Reporting documents sent directly to municipalities from the program.
Affordable and easy to use, our step-by-step, one-time set up saves you the time and energy of having to create a FOG BMP program on your own.
When complete you will have a fully compliant written Fats, Oils and Grease Best Management Plan that will satisfy your local municipal FOG control regulations.
Implementing and adhering to your FOG BMP will greatly reduce the amount of Fats, Oils, and Grease being introduced into your plumbing system, thereby reducing expensive service calls resulting from blockages.
FOG management and staff training features are built in to ensure the program is being adhered to, affording you peace of mind.
Miami-Dade County (MDC), Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources, Code 24-42.6(10)(d)(iv) requires FOG handling training for all Food Service Establishments in their jurisdiction.
FOG BMP was reviewed by MDC and has been approved for use by Food Service Establishments to meet the training requirements within this code.